Yummy Chocolate Cake!!!
As a health practitioner I take my role very seriously in guiding you to make a full recovery.
Studies show that changing your eating habits can be very confronting and tough at times, especially when your body is inflamed.
The times in my life when I’ve had to change my eating habits because i was suffering with chronic illness. I’ve found it hard to stick with it, because the food was tasteless.
So you don’t have to struggle, I’m sharing my secrets with you, my easy yummy recipes that anyone can make. These are the very same recipes I share in my clinic with my patients to help reduce the inflammation and pain in their bodies so they have a faster recovery.
Plus, these recipes are tried and tested in my own kitchen, and if you could see me in my kitchen (Nigella I am NOT!) you’d understand that recipes have to be simple, easy to make AND taste good! You’ll find each recipe will help your body in some way, no matter if your illness is simple or complex. It’s my gift to you to help you on your healing journey.
When you make this, take a pic then pop on over to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/releasewellness, I’d love to see your version (or creation)!
Nourishing Chocolate Butter Bean Cake
This super moist gluten free/ dairy free/ wheat free and low carb Cake is incredibly sweet and just plain addictive!
The chocolate butter bean cake has well-rounded source of nutrition, rich in protein, fiber, iron and B vitamins.
Cooking time 45 mins
Preparation 10mins Cooking/ Baking 35 mins
420g Butter Beans
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cacao
1 teaspoon GF baking powder
½ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 handfuls of dates
- Puree the beans, add water, 1 egg & vanilla into a bowl and mix until smooth. Set it aside.
- Without washing the bowl add the dates (finally chopped) and coconut oil.
- Add the remainder 4 eggs and beat for 20 seconds.
- Add the bean mixture, beat for 5 seconds
- Add the cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour into greased baking ring tin pan & bake MOD oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Hope you enjoy